Spain as a Study Destination for International Students
The Kingdom of Spain, commonly known as “Spain” is an astounding country having outstanding learning opportunities and great living in the most immaculate of culture. Going for a higher education in Spain is a once in a lifetime opportunity that you will surely appreciate for the rest of your life. Spain is a country steeped in history. Blended with a beautiful climate, unique culture and plenty to do, Spain is certainly the place to be!
Spain in Brief
- Capital: Madrid
- Currency: Euro
- Most populated places: Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia and Seville.
- Government: Parliamentary monarchy.
- Area: 504,645 square kilometres.
- Regions: Spain is divided into 17 autonomous regions and 2 autonomous cities. Each autonomous region is divided into provinces, making a total of 52.
- Languages: Spanish is the official language. Other co-official languages are also spoken in certain parts of the country. Euskera/Basque in the Basque Country, Galician in Galicia, Catalan in Catalonia and Valencian in the Region of Valencia are spoken. There are also dialects in other regions of the country.
Quick Facts About Spanish Education System
- Spain is the most popular study destination for students on the Erasmus exchange program, thereby allowing them to spend one year away from their home university in a foreign land
- Spain comprises of 82 universities, out of which 50 are public and 32 are private. Besides, it has 322 research institutes and 78 scientific-technological parks
- Most of the courses in Spain Universities are taught in Spanish, but there are several courses at both undergraduate and postgraduate level in English.
- Spain is an international leader in different fields of innovation, technology and knowledge transfer.
Why Study in Spain
Every year, several thousands of international students from all over the globe make their way to Spain to study in the country. Students flock to study abroad in Spain for the following reasons-
Excellent Educational System
Spain education system provides a great learning opportunity to all. Spain is the third most popular study destination for international students with about 36% of them comes from the USA. Spain possesses top-class public and private universities
providing high-quality education, and also has extensive vocational training/education.
Rich and Diverse Culture
Spain’s diverse and affluent culture is the result of a heritage enriched by the external influences. The geographical location of the Iberian Peninsula makes it a natural bridge between north and south of Europe, America, Africa and East. The vicissitudes of history have made it a confluence point for many distinct cultures, creating a unique and diverse cultural legacy.
Learn New Language
Spanish is the second most spoken language in the world after English. Being in Spain, you’ll get to learn Spanish language while studying. The best way to learn a new language is by being among those who speak it very often and fluently.
Affordable Living Expenses and Tuition fee
The living expenses and tuition fee
in Spain are reasonable as compared to other European countries. This is of utmost importance to Students who are generally strapped for cash.
Easy Going and Relaxed Atmosphere
Spain has an easy going and relaxed atmosphere. The country is tranquil and cordial, and you are likely to make new friends with almost everyone you encounter.
Equality and Diversity
Spain is recognised for its equality and diversity. Spain is a safe country and possess a friendly environment.
There are many employment opportunities in Spain. As a student, you are allowed to work 20 hours a week with a condition that your work schedule is compatible with your studies.